Job Description – Class A Assembler
Responsible for ensuring the various components are ready and properly assembled.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Assembler shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Locate and set equipment, structural members, and assemble welded pipe spools with allowable tolerances.
- Check spools with drawings and determine the line is ready to install.
- Lift, position and assemble components with in allowable tolerances.
- Check material for correct grade, type, and size.
- Ensure piping is clean internally of foreign particles (grit, weld slag, etc.) prior to assemble.
- Assemble braces in place
- Coordinate hydrotesting with Assembly Department Supervisor and Quality Control to determine correct pressure and method of conducting test.
- Productivity level must consistently equal the Company’s established productivity requirements, as defined by work instructions.
- Workmanship must meet the Company’s quality standards.
- Instruct and direct others as required.
Education and Experience Required:
- Two years applicable assembly experience.
- Perform assembly assignments with minimal supervision.
- Read and interpret drawings.
- Knowledge in proper operation of cranes and power tools.
- Knowledge of equipment such as vessels, relief devices, pumps, compressors, coolers, instruments, exchangers, filters, etc
- Use of hydrotest equipment, blind flanges, stud bolts and gaskets.
- Must demonstrate the desire to perform in a professional manner as a member of a team to give inputs on activities that will help complete project assignments in a timely and efficient manner while upholding the quality and safety standards.
- Minimal: 10%
- Fabrication Supervisor
Apply by email to email@example.com