Growing company in Houston is searching for an NDT Admin Support working out of the Pasadena, Tx office. Looking for a highly organized and detail oriented, energetic self-starter to be responsible for a wide range of responsibilities that include general day-to-day administrative duties, interacting with employees and customer/client-based contacts.
The ideal candidate will have real-world problem-solving skills, be a self-starter, be personable, be an exceptional communicator, have experience coordinating projects and events, have advanced knowledge of excel and a willingness to learn new applications.
Ability to work well with other team members in a fast-paced environment is a must. Other essential attributes are good multitasking skills, flexibility, creativity, and enthusiasm for your job.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Responsible for being the face of Amerapex by overseeing the front desk reception area.
- Answering phone calls promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously. Take accurate messages, screen and direct calls to the appropriate department in a professional manner.
- Greet and screen incoming visitors in a professional manner and promptly notifies appropriate person of their arrival.
- Prepare timesheets for technicians working turnaround projects, calculate over time hours,
billable/non-billable hours, travel hours, per diem and not limited to other payroll reporting;
- Onboarding of new technicians and coordinate training, PPE and not limited to any other new
hire process as needed;
- Complete requisition and quotes form(s) as needed;
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to draft communications;
- Strong writing skills;
- Professional demeanor;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office – particularly Excel;
- Operates standard office equipment efficiently to include:
- Experience in the oil and gas industry preferred but not required;
- Must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise good
- High school diploma or higher
- Minimum of one (1) year of administrative experience
- ADP Workforce Now knowledge a plus
- Able to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Able to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions;
- Able to lift and carry files weighing up to 5 pounds;
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Temporary employment basis for the first 3 months with a transition to permanent employment depending on performance. Not eligible for benefits as a temporary employee. Upon transition to permanent employment benefits will be available such as: health & welfare insurance, 401k profit sharing plan, life insurance etc.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am – 5:00pm
Amerapex Corporation is a Houston, Texas based company offering technical expertise and global leverage in Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management Services (EPCM), Seismic Services, and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) involving corrosion detection. We put safety first in everything we do. Amerapex is dedicated to helping our customers achieve the highest return on their investments by executing our contracts in an exemplary manner to the satisfaction of you our Clients.
Amerapex Corporation is headquartered in the USA with operations globally, with a focus on the USA, Iraq, Libya, Brazil, Mexico and Indonesia, among others.
Reports to: NDT Business Manager