Job Description: Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to aid in determining manufacturing processes, staff requirements, production standards and estimates for all drawings released to production by Manufacturing Management.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician shall be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Estimate time/man-hour requirements from drawings released by Fabrication Project Management.
- Insure all estimates used are current approved fabrication estimating standards.
- Estimate crane and equipment needs associated with fabrication proposals.
- Support the creation and maintenance of the production tracking systems for fabrication projects.
- Create and maintain departmental work plans.
- Enter and maintain estimates in the manufacturing tracking system.
- Assist Manufacturing personnel with tracking system.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, materials and utilities.
- Support and promote the Lean culture and participate in Lean events.
- Create and maintain value stream process maps.
- Create, standardize and improve standard work documents.
- Train team members on approved manufacturing methods.
Education and Experience Required:
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-5 years industry experience
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, preferred.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software, Lotus Notes and other Company and discipline specific software applications.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read construction documents.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate the desire to perform in a professional manner as a team member as well as a team leader, to give inputs on activities that will help complete projects assignments in a timely manner while upholding the quality and safety standards.
- None to minimal
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- General Foreman
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org