Seeking an energetic Corporate Receptionist to perform reception/administrative duties and provide administrative and organizational support for the corporate office. This position is responsible for the professional and efficient managing of visitors, telephone calls and messages, as well as a variety of clerical duties that support the operation and presentation of Amerapex Corporation by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously answers all multi-line phone calls, take accurate messages, screen and direct calls to the appropriate department in a professional manner.
- Greet and screen incoming visitors in a professional manner and promptly notifies appropriate person of their arrival.
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail in a timely manner.
- Receives and signs for courier deliveries and distributes to appropriate personnel.
- Properly addressing and preparing certified/overnight/return receipt mail
- Completes domestic and international travel arrangements to include accommodations, transportation and a prepared itinerary.
- Inventories and stocks of office supplies and miscellaneous items as directed.
- Operates standard office equipment efficiently to include:
- multi-line telephone
- computer with printer
- photocopy machine
- facsimile machine
- Keeps printing area, supply/storage rooms, conference room breakrooms/refrigerators and reception area organized and clean at all times.
- Handles all sensitive material with the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Places phone on “night mode” at end of day.
- Retrieves nightly voice mail and directs to the appropriate department for handling in the morning.
- Provides specific administrative support as needed.
- Maintains an organized office calendar and schedules meetings and appointments as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualities:
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Reading Skills
- Detailed Oriented
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Strong Work Ethic
- Excellent Attendance & Dependable
- Team Player
- Interpersonal Skills
- Continuous Improvement Orientated
The perfect candidate will have:
- 3+ years of receptionist/administrative support experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- High energy and excellent oral and written communication.
- Must be able to work independently, be able to interact with a wide range of people, PC proficient, be extremely customer service orientated and have multi-tasking skills.
- Team player – can do attitude.
- Willingness and desire to have a clerical – receptionist opportunity long term and on a full-time basis.
We are looking for someone to be enthusiastic about the position. When our visitors walk into our office, we want them to find a friendly, smiling face and a helping hand. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and multitasking skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required or in pursuit of an associate’s degree or higher.
- Able to work well in a stressful work environment.
Direct Hire basis. Benefit eligible after successfully completing 30 days of employment. Rich benefit package available such as: health & welfare insurance, 401k profit sharing plan, life insurance etc.
- Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm
- Full Time
Amerapex Corporation is a Houston, Texas based company offering technical expertise and global leverage in Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management Services (EPCM), Seismic Services, and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) involving corrosion detection. We put safety first in everything we do. Amerapex is dedicated to helping our customers achieve the highest return on their investments by executing our contracts in an exemplary manner to the satisfaction of you our Clients.
Amerapex Corporation is headquartered in the USA with operations globally, with a focus on the USA, Iraq, Libya, Brazil, Mexico and Indonesia, among others.
Location: Houston, TX 77092
Reports to: Human Resources Director
For consideration, forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org