Job Description – Piping Leadman
Lead team in a productive and safe manner while maintaining the required quality standards.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Piping Leadman shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Monitor safety of all employees and provide guidance of work related topics.
- Review the Weekly Plan and assign available personnel to accomplish this plan.
- Review and issue drawings, including revisions, to the Shop floor in a timely manner.
- Analyze production problems. Advise the Piping Supervisor of problems that will affect the piping production line or downstream customers.
- Monitor the actual fabrication hours being used in relation to the current budget.
- Make sure all personnel have been trained to use the appropriate Work Instructions and then monitor their work to assure the Work Instructions are being followed.
- Conduct their assigned part of each New Employee Orientation.
- Conduct daily Departmental Toolbox Meetings. Review safety information of work related topics.
- Monitor Safety and Housekeeping requirements, and make recommendations for disciplinary actions if necessary.
- Monitor tool requirements and respond with a request to their Supervisor as needed and Replace tools as they are broken or worn out.
- Make sure all tools are accounted for at the end of each shift.
- Insure all records are kept updated and turned into the appropriate area when complete.
- Participate in value stream improvements and Kaizen events.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma / GED or achievable within 2 years.
- Minimum of 5 years working in a fabrication environment.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and plan work.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Blue print reading with comprehension skills.
- Encourage Kiazen participation, direct group discussion and training on continuous improvement.
- Must demonstrate the desire to perform in a professional manner as a member of a team, as well as a team leader, to give inputs on activities that will help complete project assignments in a timely and efficient manner while upholding the quality and safety standards.
- Minimal: 10%
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally climb to heights of 50 feet.
- Fabrication Supervisor
Apply by email to email@example.com