Job Description – Structure Leadman
Lead in a productive and safe manner while maintaining the required quality standards.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Structure Leadman shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Review the Weekly schedule and assign qualified personnel to accomplish the schedule.
- Review and issue drawings, including revisions, to the Shop floor in a timely manner.
- Conduct daily Departmental Toolbox meetings. Review safety information of work related topics.
- Monitor the actual fabrication hours being used in relation to the current budget.
- Update production tracking tools and update production display boards daily.
- Monitor that all Structure piece marks are being fabricated and marked properly according to the drawings.
- Make sure all personnel have been trained to use the appropriate Work Instructions, monitor employees work to assure the Work Instructions are being followed.
- Monitor and make audits to assure that the 5-S program set in place is being followed by all shop personnel.
- Conduct their assigned part if each new employee orientation.
- Monitor Safety and Housekeeping requirements, and make recommendations for disciplinary actions if necessary.
- Monitor tool requirements and respond with recommendations to replace damaged equipment to the department Supervisor.
- Collect equipment from employees who quit or are discharged.
- Insure all records are kept updated and turned into the appropriate area when complete.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma / GED or achievable within 2 years.
- Minimum of 5 years working in a fabrication environment.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and plan work.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Blue print reading and comprehension skills.
- Must demonstrate the desire to perform in a professional manner as a member of a team, as well as a team leader, to give inputs on activities that will help complete project assignments in a timely and efficient manner while upholding the quality and safety standards.
- Minimal: 10%
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally climb to heights of 50 feet.
- Structure Supervisor
Apply by email to email@example.com