Growing company in Houston is seeking a Safety Administrative Assistant who is highly organized and detail oriented, energetic self-starter to be responsible for a wide range of responsibilities. The Safety Administrator Assistant will perform standard analytical or administrative tasks associated with safety programs and processes. The position will support Safety and Health in operational tasks. Specific requirements include knowledge of safety rules/regulations, processes to prevent injuries and development of statistical reports.
The ideal candidate will have real-world problem-solving skills, be a self-starter, personable, an exceptional communicator, experienced with coordinating projects, and have knowledge of Excel and a willingness to learn new applications.
Attention to detail and the ability to work well with other team members in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment is a must. Other essential attributes are a professional demeanor, good multi-tasking skills, flexibility, creativity, and enthusiasm for your job.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Manage the office to ensure smooth flow of the department activities (i.e., field phone calls and emails
to maintain open lines of communication to the Safety Department, provide information and assistance
to employees and visitors)
- Routinely distribute current safety statistics to management, employees, and contractors
- Manage the prescription Behavioral Based Safety program data entry for the site, by verifying reports
from managers, utilize spreadsheet to maintain data statistics within the guidelines of the BBSO
- Enter requisitions and supplements to maintain supplies and services.
- Assist Safety Director and Safety Specialists by providing documents and updates on relevant reports
- Assist Operational Admin assistants in Issuing vehicle passes
- Input injury/incidents/key procedure audits in Safety database for month end reports
- Collect the Actual Hours Worked to provide the month end Injury Statistics Report for distribution to all
- Maintain employee safety files to ensure information is available, when needed
- Help assist in preparing, maintaining, and post OSHA 300 Form as required by OSHA regulations
- Attend Conference Calls to discover new information on modification and updates to the system
- Complete clerical and administrative duties associated with workers compensation program
- Work with vendors to provide Safety Emphasis/Award Promotions-meals and gifts for employees
- Coordinate lunches (ERT, Audits, Mtgs, etc.)
- Maintain updates of all safety forms and posting on intranet to ensure the proper documents are
- Maintain updates in Safety procedures Manual to ensure accuracy of the procedures and contacts
- Be familiar with DISA/ASAP/OSCA/NASAP web-based data entry for scheduling substance abuse
- Schedule travel itinerary for safety department.
- Prepare Requisition forms for purchase orders.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in the HSE field
- Certified Safety Administrator certification desired, but not required
- 3-5 years of related experience in a corporate environment
- Clerical background is preferred
- Safety & Health Administrative Assistant will have a functional level of computer ability
- Microsoft applications skill set including Excel/work/publisher and PDF.
- Ability to manage in a structured environment
- Ability to make independent decisions when guidance is not available
- Ability to learn quickly through written and on the job training, this would be displayed with formal
education or prior experience.
- Able to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a
- Able to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions;
- Able to lift and carry files weighing up to 5 pounds;
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work under high levels of stress.
Full time status. Benefit eligible after successfully completing 30 days of employment. Rich benefit package available such as: health & welfare insurance, 401k profit sharing plan, life insurance etc.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am – 5:00pm (Flexible)
Location: Houston, TX 77092
Reports to: Corporate Safety Director
For consideration, forward your resume to email@example.com