Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) is a sensitive and accurate method for inspecting welds for defects.
TOFD uses two probes in tandem with a pitch-catch technique. Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) can detect transverse type defects, as well as accurately size for both the length and height of flaws.
TIME OF FLIGHT DIFFRACTION (TOFD) KEY ADVANTAGES:
- Shutdown not required – No loss of production time
- No radiation
- Inspection data can be digitally saved
- Real-time inspection results
- Sensitive to a variety of weld defects
- Accurate sizing of defects