Positive Material Identification (PMI) is a non-destructive testing technique used to identify and chemically analyze metals and metal alloys. PMI is a safe, time-efficient way to verify that a material will meet the corrosion, temperature resistance, and strength specifications needed.
The Positive Material Identification method is particularly useful for high-quality metals like stainless steel and high alloy metal. Using an X-Ray Fluorescence Analyzer (XFR) we can rapidly verify alloys in seconds, recover lost material traceability, isolate finished welds to validate filler material and dilution rates, and confirm the integrity of piping, valves and reaction vessels. This can all be done without disassembling a unit or shutting down operations.
RETRO POSITIVE MATERIAL IDENTIFICATION (PMI) SOLUTIONS:
- Testing of critical components before and after they are installed
- Provide additional verification of metal analysis beyond Supplier Certificates
- Conduct tests without disassembling a unit or shut down of operations
XRF ANALYZER ADDITIONAL SOLUTIONS:
- Recover lost material traceability
- Verify and validate weld material and dilution rates
- Can be used during construction or while in service